Be HeadSmart and make a donation today
Brain tumours are the biggest childhood cancer killer. There is an urgent need to act now to save the lives of children with brain tumours. By supporting our HeadSmart campaign, you can help to reduce the average time of diagnosis from 12 weeks to six weeks. Earlier diagnosis would bring the UK up to the same standards of care for childhood brain cancer as other European countries and the USA - improving quality of life and saving lives.
Currently, 1 child dies every 3 days of a brain tumour. The HeadSmart campaign needs to raise £100,000 by the end of 2012 to help in its aim to reduce the time it takes to diagnose a child and so save lives and reduce long term disability. If you donate you will be helping to bring us closer to this so that:
- 75,000 families receive HeadSmart information making them aware of childhood brain tumours and what to do if they spot the signs and symptoms
- 30,000 Doctors across the UK become HeadSmart aware; enabling them to spot the signs and symptoms of brain tumours and knowing when to recommend a scan
- 6,000 people trying to cope with a brain tumour can gain the support and information they need from the National Brain Tumour Infoline
The HeadSmart campaign does not receive any government or statutory funding and relies 100% on voluntary donations; which means that every penny you donate really does count.
Please act now for HeadSmart and donate today:
- Visit MyDonate/HeadSmart
- Text HEAD05 and your donation amount to 70070
- Phone 01252 749990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you want to donate to HeadSmart
- Send a cheque made payable to HeadSmart to: The Brain Tumour Charity, Hartshead House, 61 -65 Victoria Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 7PA.